Thursday 24 November 2016

Curating the Creative Interest with Luxury Connect



“The ultimate of being successful is the luxury of giving yourself time to do what you want to do.”
Whenever life gives us something new there is so much excitement around. When I got selected for PG diploma in Luxury Brand Management at Luxury connect business school I got super enthusiastic and opened myself to the world of my dreams. I am passionate about all things unique and I am so glad to have found this college and be a part of it.
As I waited with bated breath to start my journey, arrived 17th August, day 1 of induction session. That morning was different than others as it was filled with a lot of new hopes and aspirations. My mind was filled with numerous thoughts about the induction session, my new classmates, new professors etc. Finally, the wait was over and arrived Mr. Abhay Gupta and Ms. Nitika Kapoor. All of us introduced each other and we talked about our interest in the luxury sector. As the discussion went on I expressed my interest in women’s apparels and they suggested me the various path I can take to achieve my goals. 
The thing I liked the most about LCBS is they really care about you. I have never seen a beautiful person like Nitika ma’am, she is very humble and always concerned about our future and I have also never met a person like Abhay sir, he has so much experience and wisdom to share with us. I have no words to describe the respect that faculty at LCBS commands. We are like one big family working together in one direction of giving talented and well-trained personnel to Luxury industry. Soon there were ice breaking games where we had a lot of fun getting to know each other better and explored our aptitude for luxury. This was followed by meeting with alumni of PGDLM course. They all are working with luxury brands in Delhi and NCR and took a lot of joy in sharing their experiences, learning and special memories at LCBS.
Induction Day two was a one of its kind experience for me. I found myself standing at the Christian Dior store at the DLF Emporio mall talking to the store manager about brand’s rich heritage and product lines. Next was Louis Vuitton, followed by Michael kors, Armani Junior and Corneliani. The practical knowledge and wisdom that one can get from the experienced people working at the luxury brands is extremely important as it will complement our learning during various modules at LCBS. It was amazing and inspiring to see  the passion and determination of every member in a luxury brand to create the romance around the luxury products that were no less than art pieces. The managers painted a picture of  nuances of an industry we were getting into. The orientation session had already proved to be better than my expectations.
On day three, we had the honor to eminent personalities from the luxury industry, Mr. Rolf Blaser, a country manager at Safilo India Pvt Ltd and Ms. Nalini Gupta Ex country manager at Burberry India. They not only shared their inspiring journey of reaching the top but also invaluable tips on how to be a good luxury brand mana
By-: Richa Singhal
PGDLM 2016-17


No comments:

Post a Comment