Friday 6 October 2017

Stepping Into Luxury - Karishma Bansal

Being at home for almost 8 months, I desperately waited for 23rd of August, 2017, the day that will mark the beginning of my new journey to come. With the zeal to learn and pumped up energy, I went to LCBS on the scheduled day.

The ecstasy of Waking up early in the morning, having a healthy breakfast, taking good time to decide on the clothes to wear and hearing some good music to lift your spirits while getting ready are some of the feelings that are mutually shared by people on their first day of school or college or even their workplace. This is the exact morning routine that I followed as well.

The first day of orientation was a preface of the subjects that we will study, the faculty and the norms and code of conduct of the college. The feeling of awestruck emerged while socializing with my fellow batchmates who have come from different parts of India. The culturally diverse batch makes way for interesting discussions, varied opinions, and a gratifying moment to befriend people from different backgrounds

The opportunity to explore 4 different luxury industries- truefitt and hill under grooming sector, the Roseate hotel under hospitality sector, the BMW showroom under automobile sector and the Grand Hyatt residences under IREO real estate sector on our second day of orientation was amazing. The most intriguing part is the realization that luxury is not just about automobiles, hotel services and fashion but is also about the salon experience and many other sectors.

Learning about the history of Truefitt and hill, I was so fascinated by their rich heritage and their exemplary services that I decided upon the next birthday present for my dad as soon as I left the barber shop.

I had a very poor knowledge about automobiles and had never thought of considering this sector for job placement. But, the amazing interaction with the sales executive, being able to understand about the job role that they pursue and the freedom to ask all the crazy questions that popped into my head, provoked the driving force in me to consider the sector. This transformation of my thought process is a stepping stone in my journey to figure out about my career’s direction.

The field trip was such an interesting and enriching experience that even after sleepless days probably because of the change of place (being away from home), I was still enthusiastic and energetic to learn some more post the completion of our exhausting schedule.

We had an awesome panel discussion with some of the most influential and inspiring people from the industry. So far, the best part about studying in LCBS has been the practical approach towards teaching rather than sticking to the theoretical rule book. Standard definitions and management modules are easy to access via internet but being able to interact with the people with years of experience in the industry, to hear about their struggle and incredible success stories, their observations and values, their personal insights as well as their words of wisdom is what makes a difference in our learning. This practical approach is completely different from the theoretical methodology with which I studied my bachelors.

My desire to get involved with the luxury sector is growing stronger with each new lesson. Looking forward to a great learning experience!


No comments:

Post a Comment